Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thing 1 Turns 6

SIX!

Yep, I know this post looks familiar. My kids’ birthdays are the same week. My daughter was born the day before Thanksgiving in 2002, my son was born two days before Thanksgiving in 2005, and I got to experience hospital turkey twice. Blech!

Wow, my firstborn is six. Five years and 364 days ago, I thought I knew it all and honestly had no idea what I was in for. I never knew I could love someone this much until I became a mom. I never knew I could be driven this insane until I became a mom (LOL). You think you understand how much a parent can love a child, but you really don’t get it until it happens to you. And then overnight your life is changed forever.

My daughter is smart as a whip and stubborn as hell. She can drive me to my wits end, and then a minute later says something to make me melt. Everyday she amazes me, and the true highlight of my life has been watching my children grow.

I have to thank my daughter, for her arrival allowed me to follow my dream. I spent many years in school to get my graduate degree in engineering, and I had a lucrative career in engineering. Still, photography was always my passion. I actually looked forward to getting out of engineering school so that I would have time to take more photography classes…how crazy is that? Once I held my baby daughter in my arms, I knew that I could not go back to the corporate world - stress, travel, corporate politics, 60 hour work weeks. I decided to turn my passion into a business, and I have not looked back since.

Happy Birthday, G! (( HUGS!!)

No comments: