Thursday, October 9, 2008

Seven Months Old

I just adore this little one. If we include her in-utero session, this is the 4th time I have had the opportunity to photograph her. You may recognize her from a couple of months ago because those baby blues are hard to forget!

Little Cutie

0152_BLOG

I am truly floored that I was able to work with two babies this week that did not cry on my mirror. Several photographers have asked me how I do this reflection shot, and the real trick is a glass mirror. Plexiglass mirrors are ok but the reflection is much crisper in a glass mirror. The downside to a glass mirror is that is it COLD! I have tried everything from space heaters to heating pads, but nothing really warms it up adequately. Most babies cry as soon as their bellies touch the glass (hey, I'd probably cry too), but not this little one or the little one in the previous post above. And I am sure you can guess another side effect of putting a naked baby on cold glass.... tinkle time!

0006_BLOG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! how sweet these are Jes... as always, your amazing :)