Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama Inauguration

Obama Hats


Today Barack Obama officially took office as the 44th President of the United States. My daughter's class was going to watch this historic event together at school. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with my Dad today while he tried to get the live internet video connection running at his dental office. Apparently a lot of people cancelled their appointments with him so they could watch Obama's speech. I personally can't even watch Obama speak without getting choked up. I am not sure if it's the sense of hope and relief I feel for America's future, the symbolism of how far our country has come toward racial equality, or just the fact that since having kids my hormones are so screwed up that I cry on a dime. LOL! Regardless, I am so very excited for what the next four years will bring.


No comments: